Finesse by Aleezay Afghan is an organic skincare brand.
The project was divided into two phases.
2. Web and Mobile Design.
The objective was to achieve a sophisticated design to showcase their premium products which included Body and Skincare oils and lotions.
One of the Key requirements of Design was to showcase their products as clean and as beautiful as possible. We started off by analysing competitors. Aftermarket study the first element of the project was Identity Design. We decided to go for a more clean and classic typeface with extended stems to give a luxurious feel.
Finesse products were already selling well but due to the old packaging style, they were unable to penetrate the higher pricing market.
1. Branding re-design.
2. Bottle and Tube Designs for Finesse new Oil Essentials.
3. Place an order using Finesses' own app. Creating the end to end solution from Product intro to purchase.
4. Order tracking by generating warehouse tickets.
5. Central calendar repository for product warehouses to monitor stock and updates.
6. Abandoned Carts.
So why would companies want to reach women in search of beauty products through a direct channel as opposed to a retail environment?
While selling beauty products via direct channels makes your product available to a larger audience, it does present some hurdles. One of the cosmetics industry’s biggest challenges to selling beauty products via direct channels is overcoming consumer reluctance to purchase fragrances they can’t smell, or lotions they can’t see firsthand.
Finesse’s target audience is a very premium niche market of women between 28-48 who can afford high-end products. The main client demand was quick to purchase. The brand had 4 main product lines up with 3 further variations in each.
1. On-Boarding was the intro to the products.
2. Simple Sign up and sign in. You can enter your email to sign up and complete your profile later.
3. We started with Lotions, Creams, and Body Oils. 2x2 grids with full-screen modals for quick option selections and checkout.
4. The order tracking feature was designed following the iconic app. Case studies included Zara and Iconic.
The prime focus was on the Product and Brand Language. After the branding and a final developed concept, we moved into Customer Journey Mapping and User Flow which was essential for app Architecture.
The final User Flow and mapping are below along with the final screens and interface.